Join in our effort to change the way people see wolves by entering our Rewrite the Fairy Tale Contest. It is free to enter and selected stories will be published where proceeds from book sales will be donated to The Plan B Foundation and Apex Protection Project to continue our missions of supporting wolves. Good luck!
• Submitted stories must meet the following criteria:
1. No entry fee is required, and all rights in the story remain the property of the author. All genres of writing are accepted.
2. By submitting to the Contest, the entrant agrees to abide by all Contest rules.
3. All entries must be original works, in English. Plagiarism, which includes the use of third-party poetry, song lyrics, characters or another person’s universe, without written permission, will result in disqualification. Excessive violence, sex or profanity, determined by the judges, will result in disqualification. Entries may not have been previously published in professional media.
4. To be eligible, entries must be 5,000 words or less in length.
5. Entries submitted in hard copy must be typewritten or a computer printout in black ink on white paper, printed only on the front of the paper, double-spaced, with numbered pages. All other formats will be disqualified. Each entry must have a cover page with the title of the work, the author’s legal name, a pen name if applicable, address, telephone number, e-mail address and an approximate word count. Every subsequent page must carry the title and a page number, but the author’s name must be deleted to facilitate fair, anonymous judging.
6. Entries submitted electronically must be a PDF, double-spaced and must include the title and page number on each page, but not the author’s name. Electronic submissions will separately include the author’s legal name, pen name if applicable, address, telephone number, e-mail address and approximate word count within the body of the email.
7. We accept only entries that do not require a delivery signature for us to receive them.
8. There shall be one prize: to attend Sedona Wolf Week April 20-23rd and have the winning story read by Vernon Wells (or some other actor) at a fundraising event. Prize also includes two nights stay at a hotel and winner will pay for their own travel expenses such as airfare, taxis, shuttles, fees, taxes, room incidentals and per diems. Winning story, as well as other selected stories from all submissions, will be printed in a published book, which will be made available for sales. Revenue from the sale of the published stories will go directly to The Plan B Foundation and Apex Protection Project, both of which are 501c3 organizations. Details of publication and availability are to be determined.
9. To be eligible for judging, an entry must be postmarked or received electronically no later than 12 pm noon PST on March 15, 2017.
10. Each entrant may submit more than one story however each story must be submitted separately.
11. Entries will be judged by representatives of The Plan B Foundation and Apex Protection Project. The decisions of the judges are entirely their own, and are final.
12. Contest is open to all ages.
13. Participants accept all responsibility for late, lost, misdirected or illegible entries. Entries sent with insufficient postage will be disqualified. Entries cannot be acknowledged or returned; they become property of The Plan B Foundation and Apex Protection Project upon receipt. Submissions cannot be published without written permission from The Plan B Foundation and Apex Protection Project.
14. In consideration for the opportunity to enter the The Plan B Foundation and Apex Protection Project Rewrite the Fairy Tale Contest, participants agree to allow The Plan B Foundation and Apex Protection Project to use their names, photographs and essays for promotional and publicity purposes and will sign a release acknowledging these rules. Any participant selected for publication will need to sign a release giving The Plan B Foundation and Apex Protection Project the right to publish the submitted story where all revenue from the publication will go to The Plan B Foundation and Apex Protection Project, both of which are 501c3 organizations.
15. By entering, participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and The Plan B Foundation and Apex Protection Project. The Plan B Foundation and Apex Protection Project reserve the right to update and alter contest rules and may cancel the contest without notice at any time. The contest is void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
16. Submit your entry by email to B@PlanB.Foundation with subject title Rewrite the Fairy Tale Contest & your last name.
17. For questions regarding the contest please send your inquiries to B@PlanB.Foundation.